Sunday, October 16, 2011

Current Event #4 - Sharing and a PSN

Another Reason to Share 

Developing a Personal Sharing Network

I chose these two particular blog posts because they both appeared in my Feed on the same night and this idea of sharing has really stuck with me since the first discussion posts we did. In fact, I would take a good guess in saying that George Couros and Richard Bryne probably shared and collaborated on this very topic via Twitter)
I liked what George had to say about sharing, "but there is some teacher out there that can take what you have done, adapt it, modify it, and tailor it to exactly what their kids need." I remember someone else bringing this to my attention when I wrote about sharing my plans with another teacher. I saw this teacher as wanting my hard work, but instead it was an opportunity for her to learn from my experience and to modify it to her way of teaching so she could come to some understanding about writing.

I couldn't agree more with this statement, "When your organization shares your best ideas with your own community, the neighbouring community, and the world, you help push education locally and globally" I'm beinging to share more and it's a major goal in my inquiry project.

Richard Bryne also wrote about modify what we call the Personal Learning Network (PLN) to now having it called the Personal Sharing Network (PSN). What an interesting idea considering Web 2.0 tools allow use to share and then collaborate on ideas and issue in education. He also talked about the more you share the more others are likely to share with you. I believe in this whole heartedly now.
Isn't the first line Robert Fulghum's poem "All I Really Neet to Know I Learned in Kindergarten," "Share everything!" It's a simple idea but still the hardest for adults and some teachers, like myself to remember. I'm working on it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment