Thursday, October 27, 2011

Finding Balance and Happiness Current Event #5

As I am sitting in the Calgary Airport trying to connect to the internet, finally chose a different web browser, I am reading through my 'starred' blogs, which I saved so I could use them as my current event topic for this week I came across yet another inspiring and thought provoking post by George Couros called, Happiness and Balance. How fitting of a topic for me right at this time. This week, I was juggling, 2 presentations, sub plans for 2 1/2 days of school, travelling, and finding the time to work on my inquiry project, I did some tasks better than others and spent more time where it was needed as we all do.
While I was in Saskatoon, many of the teachers asked, "Where do you get your energy from and how do you find time to do all of this?" I guess I make the time because it's what I love to do. George talks discusses 'being out of balance' at times in his life. I can fully relate to being out of balance because it's how I've felt all week. When I reflect upon how this week has gone, I know I have not devoted enough time to the work that I've needed to do for my project (I know I will be able to over the weekend) but I've missed connenting with teachers face to face. Travelling to conferences and sharing with teachers gives me a renewed sense that what I do in the classroom is worthwhile and important. I love sharing with teachers in this way. It makes me happy to know that teachers enjoyed what I shared and could take back something they valued to their classrooms.
Yes, being out of balance is a huge part of my life right now but it makes me happy to spend time with teachers, with my students and with learning about new Web 2.0 tools. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Couros, George. (2011). Happiness and balance [blog post]. Retrieved from The Principal of Change. http://georgecouros.ca/blog/archives/2486

No comments:

Post a Comment