Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Inquiry Proposal

Ultimately this proposal occupied a large portion of my time this week and weekend. Sorry but it is far too large of a document to just copy and paste. It has been uploaded to Google Docs and embedded into this blog for  reading. Please click on the link if you wish to view it.
All I can say is,  "This was hard". It's one of the hardest assignments I have even had to do. It pushed me to my limit. I am left wondering, Is it too long? Detailed enough? Clear enough? Have I cited correctly? Have I made enough connections? Does it flow? Have I stated the reasons why I want to learn about each Web 2.0 tool? I guess time will tell.
This morning as I cried on the way to the school because of stress, I realized that I have a full time job and that being a perfectionist may not be all it is cracked up to be. By no means am I perfect nor do I want to be. Doing well and being perfect are completely different. My priority must be the job since that is what pays for me to do all of these extra curriculum things.
I've said it often but writing is one of the hardest skills. Good writing is like a great piece of milk chocolate cake. The first bite of sweet fluffiness draws you in to taking more and more bites, until it's gone. I can make a good chocolate cake so I'm going to trust myself that I can create a good piece of writing at sometime in my life. Or to think of it differently, maybe some of us were made to be bakers and some of us were not. Regardless, it's what we learn through the process and how great it feels to be done.
I have tried my best with the resources and skills available. Isn't this what we ask of our students? I know it's what I ask. How about you?
Here is a time line of my proposal.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way: the proposal took me forever, I wanted to do a great job, it felt so good to finish and I too hope that one day I will be able to write with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did take forever. I'm glad it's done as well. I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback. Hopefully it's what was required.
    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete