Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Technology Makes Me Giddy With Happiness

This post has nothing to do with my inquiry project but I thought some of you might be interested to know this, perhaps you do already but I'm going to share it regardless. 
A fellow grade 2 teacher who I'm working with on a small project sent me a placemat (a ledger size paper with sections marked off, I use it to help students understand number by decomposing it). 
This photo is a sample of one I use. They develop throughout the year as students' learning increases. This teacher decided to create one in Word. I didn't think you could create a document as large as ledger size in Word. That's a new learning all in itself, so of course I've got to try this at some point and problem solve how she did it. The fun part comes soon, I promise. How am I going to print this? Do I have to print 4 separate sheets then cut and paste them together manually? Yikes! I sure hope not.  I know basic printers at school don't print out ledger size. Well, now what! I thought maybe I could print this to our photocopiers. Sure enough, I found the photocopier setting on the computer, made sure it looked good and pressed send. 
Voila!!!!
I just about jumped out of my skin. It WORKED!!! Well now the possibilities are endless, the sky's the limit. I've got a placemat that's printed, clean of icky photocopy gunky spots and it was all done on the computer. LOVE IT! Can you tell how excited I am about this?
If you'd like me to send you the Word document please let me know. I haven't figured out how to add a Word document to blogs but I'll figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi April! That is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! and YES please - I would looove a copy! ;)
    Solveig

    ReplyDelete