Thursday, October 13, 2011

Diigo Beginnings

I logged on and created a profile a couple nights ago. Very easy and as I was maneuvering through the start up process and adding my interests, favourite movies, television shows, books, etc it really reminded me of creating a profile for Facebook. The screens are even similar. I'm thinking maybe the sharing will be similar to Facebook. 

Some of the language is even the same. My network, my groups. I think Facebook started with the same language as well. 
I am unsure of the categories down the left hand side but I think I'll be able to figure it out.
This is so cool! As I was scrolling through Google Reader I couldn't figure out what the blue box was around my images. I thought Google had modified something but it's not Google, it's Diigo. It's allowing me to bookmark an image. How very cool is this? Just clicked on the little disc image and it sent it to Diigo. I think I'm in love. What implication for education does this have? If kids find an image for a research project and they want to use it, just Diigo It! I think Diigo will be a tool I stick with for quite a while.

2 comments:

  1. Your twitter post led me here. I like your blog set up - interesting font! I also like the way you have the reactions at the bottom of your post. I have a diigo account but I haven't entered anything in the profile - thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer. The font is a choice in the design section of Blogger. I use it on my other blog as well. It's kind of fun. I am still in the very early stages of using Diigo. I tried the highlighting feature last night and I was impressed although it didn't quite work on the Wordpress blog. When I tried to highlight it gave me a different option from a different Web 2.0 tool. Not sure what's going on there. Any thoughts?

    Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete